Thursday, April 26, 2012

Docs Help! Young Woman w/ Facial Hair..Progesterone?

I'm a 27 year old woman with bad facial hair. I've had this problem since I was 18. I am VERY light complected with red hair and freckles, so it's very obvious unless I tweeze/bleach/shave..The hair is coarse and black as night.



I've been to three doctors who have completely blown me off about this. It's getting worse, and I feel it's a hormonal imbalance or something, but no one its taking me seriously!! I also get chest hairs. My mother says I show symptoms that come with menopause.



Not only is it an inconvenience, but it's embarrassing. I spend about an hour every day dealing with it.



I've purchased progesterone cream hoping it'd help. Anyone used this for facial hair? Has it worked for you? I've been using it about 2 weeks and see no difference.



I can't afford electrolosys. I really want to know why this happens. Doctors think it's a vanity issue, and it's not! Of course I won't go out in public "fully grown" so they don't see it.



What can I do??? Who do I talk to?



Docs Help! Young Woman w/ Facial Hair..Progesterone?

The progesterone cream may help. Make sure its USP grade only.



Have you been tested for PCOS? Get a total testosterone, progesterone, fasting glucose, and fasting insulin. While you are being tested, test for thyroid with a TSH, free T4, and Free T3 in the morning only. Many redheads have hypothyroidism. (me included). I also have PCOS. A med called Metformin ER can reduce high testosterone levels, glucose, and insulin levels. There's even a medication called spirolactone (spelling) that many women with PCOS go on to reduce hair growth



You might want to see a GYN and ask about PCOS and hypothroidism.



Docs Help! Young Woman w/ Facial Hair..Progesterone?

I came across this blogg a young woman wrote regarding this very issue and I found it very helpful take a look at it and see what you think. http://unwantedfacialhairinwom... Report It



Docs Help! Young Woman w/ Facial Hair..Progesterone?

There's nothing wrong with you. It's more common than you think. Get laser hair removal. It's not cheap, but take out a loan if you have to. It will change your life. You go a few times and then once a year or so but it comes in very fine afterwards and is just maintenance. Please believe me, it will change your life.



Docs Help! Young Woman w/ Facial Hair..Progesterone?

Ya the same problem have my freand. when she start taking a pills or creime than. her hear stop removing. and she have fine and long hear to. if u wana more info abaut this pills than check this site.



http://sdating.net/hair-removal-plus



Docs Help! Young Woman w/ Facial Hair..Progesterone?

Possible PCOS. I don't know your situation with periods being normal and what not but I would contact a gyno for testing.

No comments:

Post a Comment